Wednesday 30 October 2013

Mark Brewer’s Special Halloween Recipe: Dracula Blood Punch


In the wake of the upcoming Halloween’s Day I (Mark Brewer) am trying to come up with some innovative recipes that will match with my Halloween party. In the endeavor I am helped by Mr. Oak and Mr. Phoenix. But the recipe I am going to share with you was revealed to me by my long time Forex trader friend Mr. Jones. Now, Mr. Jones is not much of a cooking lover, but he likes mocktails. The recipe that I am going to share today happens to be a mocktail that you may serve to the guests coming to your Halloween party. I tried the mocktail with a few additions (for taste enhancement) and both my friends Mr. Phoenix and Mr. Oak loved it. So here I am sharing the recipe with you. 



Dracula Blood Punch is a mocktail that contains cherry juice, cinnamon, chili, cloves and ginger. As ever, the Dracula Blood Punch can be prepared within no time at all. It requires a preparation time of 10 minutes and a cooking time of 5 minutes. You will have to chill the drink for 4 hours prior to serving. The ingredients that I (Mark Brewer) would mention in this post are for 12 servings. 

What Do You Need? 

To prepare this mocktail you will need juice of 21 cherries, peel of 3 oranges (that can be easily done using a vegetable peeler), one large sized red chili (it may be pierced many times but use it whole), 3 cinnamon sticks, 10 cloves, 6 pieces of sliced ginger and some Dracula’s fangs (which are available in most sweet shops around this time of the year). 

How to Prepare Mark Brewer’s Special Dracula Blood Punch? 

Put the cherry juice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, orange peel, chili and ginger into a saucepan. Heat the contents for about 5 minutes and then leave it to cool for 4 hours to 2 days (depending upon the time at hand). Remember, more you cool better flavors you will get from the drink. If you intend to serve the drink to children, take out the chili after a couple of hours.

Get the juice out when you are ready to serve. Pour the juice in glasses and provide a straw in each of these. Dangle the Dracula’s fangs from each glass.    

No comments:

Post a Comment